Re: apple seeds, juicing and cyanide

  • mav
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
      "If a seed weighs 0.7 grams, then you'd need to munch your way through 143 seeds."

      From http://tinyurl.com/azuoxzn

      Cheers
      Marc

      Ps, If the tinyurl don't work paste it into the address bar.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, RLB <last2blast@...> wrote:

      > What I read is that if you ate .5 to 1 cup of apple seeds could cause death (It depends on the mass of the person).  Swallowing apple seed can cause leeching, and you could become ill.  All reports say a few seeds are are harmless.  What he did not tell use was the amount of apples used to make 15 L of juice.  Yes, there is cyanide in the juice, but not as much as if the seeds were there to.
      >
      > I would dump it.  Safety first.
      >
      > Robert

    • RLB
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
        My reading said a bushel of apples, so 143 apple seeds would be about correct.

        Robert

        "If a seed weighs 0.7 grams, then you'd need to munch your way through 143 seeds."

        From http://tinyurl.com/azuoxzn