Re: [new_distillers] beer keg

  • girlguidebiscuit
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 26, 2013
      Does anyone use a combination of propane and electric to heat a ss keg boiler? Propane for the initial heat-up and electric for the distilling. How do you protect the element?

      Paul

      yes.  and also kegs with heating elements inside of them and not with a hot plate under.

    • RLB
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 26, 2013
        It takes me 4 hrs to 5 hrs for a 2 gal run, so I am seriously thinking propane to heat it up to temp then using electric over 165 F.

        Robert