Re: [new_distillers] Apple seeds, cyanide and juicing

  • girlguidebiscuit
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2013
      Robert asked: "Doesn't cyanide have a nasty taste?"

      I don't know, why don't you try some and let me know? LOL.

      Paul
    • Ric Cunningham
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
        Apple brandy is made with hard cider which has been mass produced for many years without removing the seeds. Cherry pits also contain the same compound and they are not removed from fermented products when aged with an alcoholic solution (Kriek). Do not fret all is well, the sky is not falling.

        --
        US Navy - 100% on watch
      • RLB
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013
          He was going to use it to make vinegar, and I don't know a lot of people who drink vinegar which would be of a less concern.  I can't be in the same room with vinegar, so it would have been dumped a long time ago. lol.

          Robert