Re: [new_distillers] beer keg..question for jason

  • Blackhat-Whitedog
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2013
      question for jason

      is it true that its better to get 220 elements even if you can only use regular household 110 power because its still more efficient than 110 elements?
      -

      Yes I sell controllers to mount an emmersion element in the keg to boil with electric. They range from $275-$375 depending on unit.
    • tgfoitwoods
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2013
        First off, all electric immersion elements are just about 100% thermally efficient. Running a 220V element at 110V reduced its power to 1/4 of the rated power, which gives you a "very low energy density element", something desirable if you have lots of solids in your wash. It will reduce sticking ans scorching.