Re: [new_distillers] beer keg

  • Blackhat-Whitedog
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
      the idea is to cut a hole in the side of the keg and install an electrical heating element. a few inches off the bottom.

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 26, 2013
        Does anyone use a combination of propane and electric to heat a ss keg boiler? Propane for the initial heat-up and electric for the distilling. How do you protect the element?

        Paul

        yes.  and also kegs with heating elements inside of them and not with a hot plate under.

      • RLB
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 26, 2013
          It takes me 4 hrs to 5 hrs for a 2 gal run, so I am seriously thinking propane to heat it up to temp then using electric over 165 F.

          Robert