Re: [new_distillers] Quality Spirits

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2013
      How much Ethanol evaporates overnight by leaving it uncovered?  My future plans involve industrial and non-industrial uses with heads and tails being use for industrial and hearts strictly spirits.  Most guys like a kick in their spirits, but women prefer flavor and smoothness (Intended market group).  Also known as loving whiskey rather than fighting whiskey.

      Robert

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2013
        In my experience, none to very little.  I have had straight sugar washes that had to sit for weeks because I was offshore and when I ran them, I got the same amount of alcohol out of them that I did from freshly made washes.  Just an added note, I never use an air tight container for my washes, no air locks, just open to the atmosphere with a cloth to keep the bugs out.  I have a sour mash going right now and just finished the 4th run on it.  Uncle Jess is right, its just keeps getting better and better with each run.  Now I have a reflux still, but run it full open, no reflux and it tastes just great.

        James D. Graves
        Ravenwood Solutions, llc.
        251-533-8569