thanks for all the help on my banana mess,

  • Donnie
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2013
      thanks you all, but let me git back on track here im not new at this but I am old school corn whiskey not corn meal, and barly scotch, and evan shugar shine is all I no im 9th gen, shiner just wanted to try something new and it bit me in the ass LOL, but hey on other hand smells good LMFAO!!!!!!
    • RLB
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2013
        In that case, it sounds like you had a chemical reaction involving Potassium in Bananas.  Did you know they use potassium to make explosives.  If you used DAP another potential explosive chemical, to go along with your methanol another potential explosive chemical.  You most likely created a low yield explosive device in your fermenter that could have been set off with a simple static discharde.  Doesn't Nitroglycerin have potassium in it too?

        Just be careful, making bombs in your bathroom is frowned on by authorities, lol.

        Robert

        thanks you all, but let me git back on track here im not new at this but I am old school corn whiskey not corn meal, and barly scotch, and evan shugar shine is all I no im 9th gen, shiner just wanted to try something new and it bit me in the ass LOL, but hey on other hand smells good LMFAO!!!!!!

      • Jim Graves
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2013
          Potassium Nitrate is used in making gun powder, along with sulfur and charcoal.  I make it for my black powder guns.  Works great...and its cheap!

          James D. Graves
          Ravenwood Solutions, llc.
          251-533-8569