Re: Wheat Mash

  • Becool Stayslinky
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 19, 2013
      Oats 52-64 C
      Buckwheat 60-85 C

      One other thing about commercial enzymes - they are formulated for different temperature ranges, some will work at very high temperatures. The alpha amylase that I use denatures around 160 but it will work at 185 just long enough to reduce the viscosity to where the mash is easier to work with, but it is done for within a few minutes.

      BC