Re: [new_distillers] reflux still better then a pot ????

  • Donnie Ledford
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2013
      think I will stick with my old still its what I no and the tast I git is what my people like sometime the old ways are still best thanks.

    • RLB
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 16, 2013
        With my limited knowledge, I somewhat agree with your assessment, but reflux and fractional stills have their place.  My future plan is to do both industrial and non-industrial ethanol, so a pot still will be used for non-industrial, and a reflux or fractional still will be used on my unused heads and tails.  If all goes well, I hope to design a new continuous flow still system that will start out as a pot still and become a reflux and/or fractional still by the time it reaches the end.  Pot, reflux, and fractional stills will always have their place, and it is up to us to determine how they are applied.

        Robert