Re: [new_distillers] Soap

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2013
      Will soap reducing the surface tension of water harm a wash?

      I started a 5 gal sugar wash on the 13th, and noticed there was a little soap bubbles floating on top.  I started my yeast in a cup, and it almost instantly started producing CO2.  If this batch doesn't stall, it should give me between 5 and 7 qt. in my stripping run, and it would be disappointing to loose that much alcohol over a little soap.  Will start another 5 gal. in a few days as a control by rinsing it out even better than the first.

      Robert