Re: mash recipe with corn (maize meal)

  • harley
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2013
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Trevor Mynhardt" wrote:

      > Hi All I would like to try using maize meal in a recipe.Can someone please point me to a tried and tested recipe using it?Any advise will be appreciated ,thanks.

      4 gal distilled water
      1 can of corn meal
      4 LB sugar
      1 TBSP distillers yeast
      1/2 TSP yeast nutrient

      bring 1-1/2 gal of water to a boil. reduce heat a bit. dissolve the sugar. Slowly stir in the corn meal and bring to a boil. take off heat. Add the last 2-1/2 gal of water. Allow to cool for a bit. Add yeast and nutrient. attach air lock. let ferment till it is below 1.000. Then distill and enjoy
    • RLB
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 14, 2013
        I would include lemon juice, salt, and I toss in a multivitamin.

        Robert

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 14, 2013
          I saw a recipe someplace that used 6 cans of corn, so it will be interesting to see which one is better to use.

          Robert