Re: [new_distillers] wy

  • Jeff Kimble
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013
      Reflux columns have the effect of multiple distillations in a single run.

      By running them correctly, you can remove the foreshots and heads in a single pass, then a solid collection of HIGH ABV hearts, and as you manage your power, a relatively sudden onset of tails.

      Takes a lot of practice, and can be slower than watching paint dry.. I've had 12 hr runs.  But, you can get an amazing neutral off a reflux column.

      If you look at the plated stills, they are another version of reflux, precondensing the vapors to get re-evaporated/distilled many times.

      A matter of preference and product.. I like my double distilled rum and whiskey.. some prefer it with more delicate flavors through a reflux.

      What are you trying to accomplish?

      On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Donnie <streetroddonnie@...> wrote:

      wy is a reflux better