Re: [new_distillers] reflux still better then a pot ????

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2013
      It's mostly a personal thing.  I favor pot still for flavor, and you need to add flavors after re-flexing.  Large distilleries use reflux and add flavor because its less costly to make one run verses multiple runs.

      I prefer smooth flavorful spirits that go down like water and creep up on you than drinking battery acid.

      Robert

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2013
        think I will stick with my old still its what I no and the tast I git is what my people like sometime the old ways are still best thanks.

      • RLB
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 16, 2013
          With my limited knowledge, I somewhat agree with your assessment, but reflux and fractional stills have their place.  My future plan is to do both industrial and non-industrial ethanol, so a pot still will be used for non-industrial, and a reflux or fractional still will be used on my unused heads and tails.  If all goes well, I hope to design a new continuous flow still system that will start out as a pot still and become a reflux and/or fractional still by the time it reaches the end.  Pot, reflux, and fractional stills will always have their place, and it is up to us to determine how they are applied.

          Robert