wy

  • Donnie
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2013
      wy is a reflux better
    • Henk Stuurman
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013
        Better as what? Is a reflux better than a pot? No, it's different. Depence on what you're distilling

        Henk

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013
          Reflux columns have the effect of multiple distillations in a single run.

          By running them correctly, you can remove the foreshots and heads in a single pass, then a solid collection of HIGH ABV hearts, and as you manage your power, a relatively sudden onset of tails.

          Takes a lot of practice, and can be slower than watching paint dry.. I've had 12 hr runs.  But, you can get an amazing neutral off a reflux column.

          If you look at the plated stills, they are another version of reflux, precondensing the vapors to get re-evaporated/distilled many times.

          A matter of preference and product.. I like my double distilled rum and whiskey.. some prefer it with more delicate flavors through a reflux.

          What are you trying to accomplish?

          On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Donnie <streetroddonnie@...> wrote:

          wy is a reflux better