Re: [new_distillers] New Member/First Steps

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2013
      Your wife is a dear so keep her.  If she can make beer, you have all of the wash/wort that you need.  She might want to drop the hop, and use a better yeast that is over 10% + alcohol tolerant.  Look into charring white oak and other wood to store your Ethanol in glass or plastic containers.  At one time we had no choice but to use white oak, but glass and plastic allows us to experiment with other woods.

      Robert