Re: time question

  • jsducote
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2013
      B-W was referring to area, so it's not an insignificant increase.
      0.196 in^2 vs 0.110 in^2 = 77.8% increase in area (per inch of length for volume of the gas)

      But I don't believe cross-sectional area is the critical factor. Surface area for condensation is what's important: 2*pi*r*l.
      1.57 in^2 per inch of length vs. 1.18 in^2 per inch of length = 33% increase in surface area. (Same percentage increase as from 3/8 to 1/2 , not 25%)

      Owing to other inefficiencies (non-linear nature of vapor condensation, etc.) and inaccuracy of measurement, I think a 25% increase in speed would not be an unreasonable expectation in this case.
      -j

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, RLB wrote:

      > Simple: 3/8th = 3 divided by 8 = 0.375"
      > 4/8 or 122 = 4 divided by 8 = 0.50"
      > 0.500 - 0.375 = 0.125 or 1/8
      >
      > Not a lot of difference, but bigger is faster
      >
      > Robert
      > From: Blackhat-Whitedog
      >
      > 3/8th vs 4/8th is about 25% larger should mean that much faster (I did the pi r squared and that made it seem twice as big...math makes my head hurt...or is that the 4 roses)
    • Carlos alberto Sanchez
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2013
        SOBERANIA ALIMENTARIA Y ACCESSO A LA SALUD POR EL DERECHO DE LOS PUEBLOS A ALIMENTARSE Y EJERCER SU SOBERNAIA ALIMENTARIA EN EL SALON EVA PERON MUNICIPIO DE LOMAS DE ZAMORA PROVINCIA DE BUENOS AIRES MANUEL CASTRO 220 PRIMER PISO