Re: [new_distillers] Small Volume Hobby Size Distiller

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
      Very Funny Ben

      I started with a 7.5 gallon and am now building a 30 Gal  Already thinking it might be too small.

      Cheers

      From: sir_mudduck@...
      Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

      I just recieved my small but functional unit. THe main chamber holds .7 liters. Does any one have expierance with this size device. Maybe some tips or tricks to save me some of the growing pains?

    • RLB
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
        My last stripping run acquired 2 qts. of heads, hearts, and tails, and my pot still is 2.5 gal.  7.5 gal should give you around 2 gal., 30 gal around 7 gal.  Going bigger will get you noticed by the wrong people so be careful.  They are watching and don't like it when they don't get their tax money.

        Robert

        ______________________

        _________________________

        To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
        From: sir_mudduck@...
        Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

        I just recieved my small but functional unit. THe main chamber holds .7 liters. Does any one have expierance with this size device. Maybe some tips or tricks to save me some of the growing pains?

      • ben marks

          From: mcr2207@...
          Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 08:24:03 -0800

          From: sir_mudduck@...
          Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

        • cnapier@att.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
            Awesome hobby.....

            I have a 2 gallon pot still......from ebay....figured I'd go small to learn.

            Two sugar/cornmeal runs later.........

            Make plenty of mistakes........Almost think I understand the basics.

            After 3.5 gallons of wash.............20 oz's of something....

            :)

            I love it

            From: sir_mudduck@...
            Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

            I just recieved my small but functional unit. THe main chamber holds .7 liters. Does any one have expierance with this size device. Maybe some tips or tricks to save me some of the growing pains?

          • Carlos alberto Sanchez
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 10, 2013
              yo soy un verdadero milagro de la v ida

              My pot still is 2.5 gal, so it's a little bit larger than yours.  I never fill mine with more than 2 gal., so keep yours to 4 or 5 L.  Clean everything before using.  Do a water run (some people add vinegar to water.)  Make good sugar washes to start out before moving onto grains.  Some people would suggest buying cheap wine to distill, but a few runs with cheap sugar wash will give you lots of skill at a low cost.  Go to Homedistiller.org to read lots of good info.  When you are distilling, watch for leaks of vapor or liquid.  Take everything slow.  Wash everything after every use because wash is acidic.  If distilling is illegal in your country, don't tell you neighbors what you are doing.  Don't sell what you distill or you are painting a target on your back.

              Robert

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 18, 2013
                MI VIDA SE HABIA VUELTO INGOBERNABLE

                From: sir_mudduck@...