RE: [new_distillers] Small Volume Hobby Size Distiller

  • ben marks
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
      SEND IT BACK AND GET A BIGGER ONE!

       ...ben

      ________________________________

        Whiskey is What Beer Wants to Be When it Grows Up

      ______________________

      Your Car is German. Your Vodka is Russian. Your Pizza Italian. Your
      Kebab is Turkish. Your Democracy is Greek. Your Coffee Brazilian.
      Your Movies are American. Your Tea is Chinese
      . Your Shirt is Mexican.
      Your Oil is Saudi Arabian. Your Electronics are Japanese. Your Numbers  are

      Arabic, Your Letters are Latin. Your Cocaine is Colombian. And you
      Complain that your Neighbor is an Immigrant?

      _________________________

      To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
      From: sir_mudduck@...
      Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000
      Subject: [new_distillers] Small Volume Hobby Size Distiller

      I just recieved my small but functional unit. THe main chamber holds .7 liters. Does any one have expierance with this size device. Maybe some tips or tricks to save me some of the growing pains?

    • Chuck
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
        Very Funny Ben

        I started with a 7.5 gallon and am now building a 30 Gal  Already thinking it might be too small.

        Cheers

        From: sir_mudduck@...
        Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

        I just recieved my small but functional unit. THe main chamber holds .7 liters. Does any one have expierance with this size device. Maybe some tips or tricks to save me some of the growing pains?

      • RLB
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
          My last stripping run acquired 2 qts. of heads, hearts, and tails, and my pot still is 2.5 gal.  7.5 gal should give you around 2 gal., 30 gal around 7 gal.  Going bigger will get you noticed by the wrong people so be careful.  They are watching and don't like it when they don't get their tax money.

          Robert

          From: sir_mudduck@...
          Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

            From: mcr2207@...
            Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 08:24:03 -0800

            From: sir_mudduck@...
            Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

          • cnapier@att.net
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
              Awesome hobby.....

              I have a 2 gallon pot still......from ebay....figured I'd go small to learn.

              Two sugar/cornmeal runs later.........

              Make plenty of mistakes........Almost think I understand the basics.

              After 3.5 gallons of wash.............20 oz's of something....

              :)

              I love it

              From: sir_mudduck@...
              Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

              I just recieved my small but functional unit. THe main chamber holds .7 liters. Does any one have expierance with this size device. Maybe some tips or tricks to save me some of the growing pains?

            • Carlos alberto Sanchez
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 10, 2013
                yo soy un verdadero milagro de la v ida

                My pot still is 2.5 gal, so it's a little bit larger than yours.  I never fill mine with more than 2 gal., so keep yours to 4 or 5 L.  Clean everything before using.  Do a water run (some people add vinegar to water.)  Make good sugar washes to start out before moving onto grains.  Some people would suggest buying cheap wine to distill, but a few runs with cheap sugar wash will give you lots of skill at a low cost.  Go to Homedistiller.org to read lots of good info.  When you are distilling, watch for leaks of vapor or liquid.  Take everything slow.  Wash everything after every use because wash is acidic.  If distilling is illegal in your country, don't tell you neighbors what you are doing.  Don't sell what you distill or you are painting a target on your back.

                Robert

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 18, 2013
                  MI VIDA SE HABIA VUELTO INGOBERNABLE

                  From: sir_mudduck@...