time question

  • Ricky R.
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2013
      ok I haven't run my my pressure cooker yet,but I have to ask this first...right now its a 16 quart with 3/8 copper tubing on it,as I'm on a budget...going through some of my shed I found a piece of 1/2 inch..how much would this increase my collection times ? gotta ask..thanks also for all the help I have been receiving lately too,most helpful
    • RLB
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2013
        1/2 tubing will make you happier, but for a good lesson test both.

        Robert

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2013
          3/8th vs 4/8th is about 25% larger should mean that much faster  (I did the pi r squared and that made it seem twice as big...math makes my head hurt...or is that the 4 roses)
        • RLB
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2013
            Simple:  3/8th = 3 divided by 8  = 0.375"
            4/8 or 122 = 4 divided by 8 = 0.50"
            0.500 - 0.375 = 0.125 or 1/8

            Not a lot of difference, but bigger is faster

            Robert

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 7, 2013
              B-W was referring to area, so it's not an insignificant increase.
              0.196 in^2 vs 0.110 in^2 = 77.8% increase in area (per inch of length for volume of the gas)

              But I don't believe cross-sectional area is the critical factor. Surface area for condensation is what's important: 2*pi*r*l.
              1.57 in^2 per inch of length vs. 1.18 in^2 per inch of length = 33% increase in surface area. (Same percentage increase as from 3/8 to 1/2 , not 25%)

              Owing to other inefficiencies (non-linear nature of vapor condensation, etc.) and inaccuracy of measurement, I think a 25% increase in speed would not be an unreasonable expectation in this case.
              -j

              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, RLB wrote:

              > Simple: 3/8th = 3 divided by 8 = 0.375"
              > 4/8 or 122 = 4 divided by 8 = 0.50"
              > 0.500 - 0.375 = 0.125 or 1/8
              >
              > Not a lot of difference, but bigger is faster
              >
              > Robert
              > From: Blackhat-Whitedog
              >
              > 3/8th vs 4/8th is about 25% larger should mean that much faster (I did the pi r squared and that made it seem twice as big...math makes my head hurt...or is that the 4 roses)
            • Carlos alberto Sanchez
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 21, 2013
                SOBERANIA ALIMENTARIA Y ACCESSO A LA SALUD POR EL DERECHO DE LOS PUEBLOS A ALIMENTARSE Y EJERCER SU SOBERNAIA ALIMENTARIA EN EL SALON EVA PERON MUNICIPIO DE LOMAS DE ZAMORA PROVINCIA DE BUENOS AIRES MANUEL CASTRO 220 PRIMER PISO