Small Volume Hobby Size Distiller

  • J C
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2013
      I just recieved my small but functional unit. THe main chamber holds .7 liters. Does any one have expierance with this size device. Maybe some tips or tricks to save me some of the growing pains?
    • RLB
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2013
        My pot still is 2.5 gal, so it's a little bit larger than yours.  I never fill mine with more than 2 gal., so keep yours to 4 or 5 L.  Clean everything before using.  Do a water run (some people add vinegar to water.)  Make good sugar washes to start out before moving onto grains.  Some people would suggest buying cheap wine to distill, but a few runs with cheap sugar wash will give you lots of skill at a low cost.  Go to Homedistiller.org to read lots of good info.  When you are distilling, watch for leaks of vapor or liquid.  Take everything slow.  Wash everything after every use because wash is acidic.  If distilling is illegal in your country, don't tell you neighbors what you are doing.  Don't sell what you distill or you are painting a target on your back.

        Robert

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
          SEND IT BACK AND GET A BIGGER ONE!

           ...ben

          ________________________________

            Whiskey is What Beer Wants to Be When it Grows Up

          ______________________

          Your Car is German. Your Vodka is Russian. Your Pizza Italian. Your
          Kebab is Turkish. Your Democracy is Greek. Your Coffee Brazilian.
          Your Movies are American. Your Tea is Chinese
          . Your Shirt is Mexican.
          Your Oil is Saudi Arabian. Your Electronics are Japanese. Your Numbers  are

          Arabic, Your Letters are Latin. Your Cocaine is Colombian. And you
          Complain that your Neighbor is an Immigrant?

          _________________________

          To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
          From: sir_mudduck@...
          Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

          I just recieved my small but functional unit. THe main chamber holds .7 liters. Does any one have expierance with this size device. Maybe some tips or tricks to save me some of the growing pains?

        • Chuck
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
            Very Funny Ben

            I started with a 7.5 gallon and am now building a 30 Gal  Already thinking it might be too small.

            Cheers

            From: sir_mudduck@...
            Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
              My last stripping run acquired 2 qts. of heads, hearts, and tails, and my pot still is 2.5 gal.  7.5 gal should give you around 2 gal., 30 gal around 7 gal.  Going bigger will get you noticed by the wrong people so be careful.  They are watching and don't like it when they don't get their tax money.

              Robert

              From: sir_mudduck@...
              Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

              I just recieved my small but functional unit. THe main chamber holds .7 liters. Does any one have expierance with this size device. Maybe some tips or tricks to save me some of the growing pains?

            • ben marks

                From: mcr2207@...
                Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 08:24:03 -0800

                From: sir_mudduck@...
                Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

              • cnapier@att.net
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 6, 2013
                  Awesome hobby.....

                  I have a 2 gallon pot still......from ebay....figured I'd go small to learn.

                  Two sugar/cornmeal runs later.........

                  Make plenty of mistakes........Almost think I understand the basics.

                  After 3.5 gallons of wash.............20 oz's of something....

                  :)

                  I love it

                  From: sir_mudduck@...
                  Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 00:58:15 +0000

                  I just recieved my small but functional unit. THe main chamber holds .7 liters. Does any one have expierance with this size device. Maybe some tips or tricks to save me some of the growing pains?

                • Carlos alberto Sanchez
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 10, 2013
                    yo soy un verdadero milagro de la v ida

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 18, 2013