Re: new still

  • chris
    Message 1 of 56 , Feb 1, 2013
      Were you using a pot still or reflux?

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Jim Graves wrote:

      > Do your self a favor and don't use any yeast with the word "turbo" in it, it leaves a terrible taste!  Use Lavin 1118 wine yeast, no taste!
      >
      > James D. Graves
      > Ravenwood Solutions, llc.
      > 251-533-8569

    • Jim Graves
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 1, 2013
        I have used it both ways, today I ran the last of 55 gallons of UJSM and did it in my reflux still with the valve fully open.  I got almost two gallons out of 12 gallons of distillate.  It went from 70 down to 30 when I cut it off.  All mixed together it comes out at about 45% and it tastes great!  Made apple pie out of it and and it is very nice!

        James D. Graves
        Ravenwood Solutions, llc.
        251-533-8569