Re: [new_distillers] new still

  • Kevin Regira
    Message 1 of 56 , Jan 31, 2013
      I totally agree

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 31, 2013, at 9:49 PM, Jim Graves <jimbull34@...> wrote:

      Do your self a favor and don't use any yeast with the word "turbo" in it, it leaves a terrible taste!  Use Lavin 1118 wine yeast, no taste!

      James D. Graves
      Ravenwood Solutions, llc.
      251-533-8569

      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 1, 2013
        I have used it both ways, today I ran the last of 55 gallons of UJSM and did it in my reflux still with the valve fully open.  I got almost two gallons out of 12 gallons of distillate.  It went from 70 down to 30 when I cut it off.  All mixed together it comes out at about 45% and it tastes great!  Made apple pie out of it and and it is very nice!

        James D. Graves
        Ravenwood Solutions, llc.
        251-533-8569