Re: [new_distillers] Re: pot still question

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 28, 2013
      Odds are 197 is too deep of a cut into tails for hearts.  Mine pot still starts dripping at 150 to 173 for my Methanol cut, 174 to 185 for my head, 186 to 194 heart, and 195 to 205 tails.  Even these cut temps are not perfect yet because my still holds at 192-194 for a very long time.  Most likely my true hearts is 192-194.  I will get better with my cuts over time.  I saved everything above 185, so finish run can be done when there is enough to finish.

      Run pressure test with plain water.  Then start stripping.  With my pot on an electric stove it takes 3 hrs to hit to hit 205, and my pot is only 2.5 gal.  you doing a stripping run with 3 gal should not take longer than 4 hrs. Just so you know, it takes a very long time for the remaining liquid in a pot to cool down.  My pot is still warm the next day, so be careful.

      Robert