Re: [new_distillers] I have a medical water distillers

  • RLB
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013
      I would bet that you could make any spirit with it because its temp goes above 212 F.  You would want to watch the temps and turn it off before it hit 205 F.

      Robert

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 25, 2013
        I would wonder about two things.

        any plastic in the vapor or collection stream?

        does it heat up the whole reservoir or is it a continuous still, IE: a small amount of liquid goes into a boiling chamber. I don't think this would be satisfactory as we would want to slowly raise the temp of the entire batch so the lower boiling point of the various estars and ethenols allows them to separate out. if this apparatus boils everything then you will end up with everything you started with (almost)

        > water distiller and would like to know what I could make
        > with it. I was thinking it would be good for vodka not
        > whiskey

        >     new_distillers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • angelis1972
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2013
          It is a continuous water still with a 2 gallon boiling chamber. It is 100% glass. I can put a thermometer at the top of evaporation chamber. I think I can keep the temp down by turning the system on and off to allow it to heat up slowly. After I get the first run through. Could I use the continuous part for the 2nd and 3rd distillations? Always removing the heads.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 30, 2013
            You can see the still in Angelis's water still.