Re: [new_distillers] use of copper tuve

  • Blackhat-Whitedog
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 16, 2013
      Momma loved those copper pots and pans, actually used them (not just hung them on hooks to be pretty.  Of course that meant I had to clean the dang things.

      and we'd use lemon and salt.

      so I don't think it changed the copper chemically, but dampness could have left some clumps stuck inside and you wouldn't want any salt in your distillate.   Since this is a new still, you should do a cleaning run anyway.

      Dear All

      I have filled a 1/2" three meter long copper tube with salt powder to bend and make a coil.  For nearly two months the salt filled copper tube is left idling.  Has any adverse chemical reactions taken place and can I still use the copper to form a coil.  I am still new to distilling.  Can any member tell me whether it is good or bad to use this copper tube now.

      raymond