Re: [new_distillers] How do you clean a still for the first time before using?

  • Bill Rogers
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2013
      do a water run through it for an hour, then a 50/50 vinegar/water for an hour. rinse with water. distill.

      On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 4:00 AM, last2blast <last2blast@...> wrote:

      My new stainless steel pot and copper cap still should arrive today. What is the best way to clean it before using it for the first time?

    • mav
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2013
        Best to use the message search function on this site, search for message 40743 and you will find your answer. Or You could search for "vinegar and bicarb still cleaning".

        Cheers
        Marc