Re: [new_distillers] (unknown)

  • Rick Wrightson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2013
      Get this guy out of here...he's polluting the group...

      On Jan 14, 2013, at 9:22 AM, james beam <jamesonbeam1@...> wrote:

      Slainté
      Rick Wrightson
      e: rick@...

    • tgfoitwoods
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2013
        You're right, of course, Rick, but it's being sent from an old email account of one of the old-time, very valued, members of this list. Because Jim would never do this, his email account's been hacked. I'll get this emailed to what I think his current account is, and hope he can get un-hacked.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Rick Wrightson wrote:

        > Get this guy out of here...he's polluting the group...
        >
        > On Jan 14, 2013, at 9:22 AM, james beam wrote:
        >

        > > http://www.berrenrath.de/images/stories/frnds.php !
        > >

        > Slainté
        > Rick Wrightson
        > e: rick@...
        > w: http://www.CapeCodWhisky.com
        > f: www.facebook.com/CapeCodWhisky
        > t: @CapeCodWhisky

      • Blackhat-Whitedog
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2013
          usually what happens, someone's email gets hacked, they raid the addresses in all the emails, the addressbook etc. and they send millions of emails combining random From and To:

          I'll bet if you ran the headers through a service a like spamcop, you will see that the trace goes nowhere near the servers that would handle the alledged poster's origin, but in fact stream from some open proxy and originate in India, korea, romainia.

          yahoo doesn't screen by origin, as long as the From matches a members address it sails on through.

          I might suggest that this honored member be placed on moderation (as I notice most of us are) as this is likely to continue.  (have a couple groups on yahoo where this is a problem, I even have to moderate my own messages in one group.)

          but if you don't know by now that's a stupid hacker link.....

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 15, 2013
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Blackhat-Whitedog wrote:

            > I might suggest that this honored member be placed on moderation

            Done.