Re: New to distilling

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 11, 2013
      Hey Mikie,

      It's my guess that beer would make a very nice medium bodied malt whisk(e)y, with one exception. Omit the hops from a whiskey-wash beer recipe. Hops can introduce an odd flavor note that many find objectionable. To be sure, the Germans make a hopped-beer bierschnapps, but it doesn't taste like a whiskey.

      If you make that whiskey, keep us posted during the process.