Reusing Trub

  • JerryM
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2013
      I made several batches of Uncle Jesse Simple Sour Mash recipe. I used the trub from the first batch, to ferment the rest of the batches. Worked really well. I still have the trub from the last batch.

      Considering that the trub contains corn meal, could I use that trub to ferment a a couple of rum batches?

      Thanks
    • MoSS
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2013
        Not unless you want a sour tasting rum.

        As a dedicated rum'stiller, I recommend a dedicated rum fermenter for this project.
        Also use a dedicated container for re-using the trub, it becomes like a good sour dough "mother" over the years, imparting a unique taste to your product.

        Plenty of material here and in the Advanced Distillers forum to guide you.

        Good luck.!