Re: [new_distillers] Re: Temp

  • Er. Prashant Jha
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 5, 2013
      In my industry(shree renuka sugars), we have 3 fermenters which works
      on continuous fermentation. We aerate first fermenter at the rate 600
      m3 air per hour with help of blower. Second fermenter is also airated
      bt less than first. Third fermenter is fully anaerobic. The
      development of yeast, cell development and growth occurs in first
      fermenter. Alcohol formation occurs in 2nd and third fermenter.
      Retention time of all three fermenters is 17 to 18 hours only n alc%
      in fermented wash is 8 %. Apart from that we also have yeast
      activation vessel. The yat recieves yeast slurry from decanter where
      yeast and wash gets seperated. Yat is heavily airated and it acts
      culture development vessel. The temperature of fermenter is kept at 33
      degree celcius.

      --
      Er. Prashant Jha
      Asst. Engineer