Re: [new_distillers] Re: best place for glass jugs?

  • Bill Rogers
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
      i did some more searching and found that uline sells gallons and half gallons for a decent price and they have wharehouses all over the place that you can do will-call at to save on shipping.  I hadn't thought of getting jugs from the recycling center, I'd be scared to get used glassware like that.  I'd never feel like it was clean enough.

      On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 9:31 AM, lhill0349 <lhill0349@...> wrote:

      I use the 1/2 gallon Mason jars for storage and 1 quart size for collecting during distilling. All sizes available at most big stores - walmart or Ace etc.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Bill Rogers wrote:

      > Looked a bit on the 'net and couldn't find anywhere to get 1/2 gallon or 1
      > gallon sized glass jugs.
      >
      > I saw places selling the half gallon for 13$. which seems crazy since I
      > can go to the local supermarket and get a half gallon glass jug full of
      > apple cider for 5$ or 6$.
      >
      > Anyone know of a source?

    • driftinnagain
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 3, 2013
        Check out local restaurants or bars that have food. They get all sorts of stuff in gallon glass jars and most will give them to you....just to get rid of them. Just ask.