Re: [new_distillers] wheat whisky?

  • John Vandermeulen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 22, 2002
      Geoff,
      I have little info on wheat. I know that some of the world's best vodkas are
      distilled from wheat. It reportedly yields a sweeter product, I think. I
      have tried about 10L of it, using flaked wheat with a little barley malt.
      This, however, produced such a gelatinous mess that I had to toss it.
      "ups474" should be able to advise you.
      Good luck
      John V.

      Geoff Redman wrote:

      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > I didn't get any responses last week when I asked about all-grain
      > brewing with wheat. And a search through the archives brought up
      > nothing relevant. So I thought I'd ask you all once more... would
      > anyone give me any info on brewing wheat? Would anyone point me to a
      > good reference on brewing wheat (print or online)?
      >
      > please and thanks,
      > geoff

      ├┐WPC5