Re: Beginner Questions

  • GGB
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 15, 2012
      Here's a suggestion from methanol recovery in biodiesel making. Not only insulate your riser but heat it. It could be that cold air is causing your ethanol vapor to condense in the rising tube and drop back down into the wash.

      John Braze and Z.Bob, both your approaches are identical and now that I have studied the chart you referenced Z.Bob, I understand the vapour temperatures vs. %ABV better, thank you. It's to do with partial pressures.

      Paul