Re: [new_distillers] google tracking and visiting distilling sites...Re: Help with decision

  • Wes Deviers
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2012
      Also, it *clearly* says it's for essential oil creation, which as a cooking nerd is a perfectly valid way to operate such a sweet device.  Seems like you could throw some grapeseed oil, lavender, and orange peel residue in there in the "off season" if you were to be concerned.

      As far as tracking cookies, as a systems nerd, I can understand the concern.  Tough to order anything online if you're worried about tracking though, since they can correlate your actual address with your billing information. I would be more concerned about emailing Master Smaug to order, since email is discoverable and a lot more useful in court than cookie correlation (so far).

      Worthwhile discussion regardless just to raise these concepts.  If only more people used PGP : /

      Wes

      On 12/7/12 10:43 PM, Alex Netherton wrote:

      As a distiller, and a hobby distiller, if you don't sell it, there is little likelihood that the BATFE or the IRS is going to bother you. I mean, why? For such a piddling amount that a home distiller is going to make, most prosecutors and even judges would laugh the case out of court.

      An old Hillbilly

    • Ian Peden
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 2012
        The situation in New Zealand is exactly that. Any person(s) can own a Still and produce 'product' for their own consumption. Sell the product for personal gain, get caught, and your up before the 'Stipendiary Stewards' and woe betide. Fortunately (or unfortunately) we don't have the death penalty in NZ.