Re: Help Build My First Still, Drawing attached

  • kekedog13
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2012
      To answer #1 & # 3. You can simply drill a hole and get a rubber grommet from a hardware store, or get fancy and use brass compression fittings. To fit the compression to a pot lid you can get a coupler and washers . The copper goes into one side of the coupler , then the middle of it looks like a nut, you put washers against the nut , this goes on the top, (outside )of the pot lid.On the inside of the pot lid you will have the threaded other end sticking out. On this you use more washers and then the other nut part of the coupler, just tighten it up against the washers to squeeze against the pot lid.This will only work if you are using copper line of the size that they have compression fittings for of course.