Re: [new_distillers] Wort are you saying

  • Fredrick Lee
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2012
      Our 6kw heater sits inside a small vertical RIMS tube from brewershardware.com

      On Nov 26, 2012, at 6:53 PM, <bob@...> wrote:

      Fredrick Lee [fredrick@...] >1.) We realized not only did we need to know the temp of the grain bed (mash temp), we also needed to know the temp of our RIMS tube output (rims temp).  We were recirculating our wort out of the RIMS back into the mash tun near the top (I think some breweries call this the "vorlauf"). This freshly heated wort would remain at the top of the mash, and only slowly work it's way down until it was replaced by enough hot wort to reach the thermometer. Often overshooting your

      Is the heating unit vertical or horizontal? Is there a pump on it?

      Bob C