RE: [new_distillers] Re: Question about end of fermenting

  • bob@4agoodauction.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2012
      >While your worked-out wash is sealed away from air, the acetic acid
      bacteria cannot get a hold. But in practise it is a good idea to rack off
      wine or beer because the dying yeast will impart flavours of its own.

      Paul

      I have kept a fermented product up to a year in sealed container with no
      problems. I just did not get the time to do anything with it. I have also
      lost an uncovered mash in about three days to the vinegar and other bacteria
      turning it to stinky and terrible and basically offensive in every way.
      There is a lot of different invaders just floating around in the air looking
      for good mash.

      Bob c

      .