Bottom of the jar??

  • JoeK
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2012
      I have some really good whisky that I aged with oak and raisens and I think thats about it. Anyway there is this very fine plasma looking stuff at the bottem of the jar that gets through a coffee filter everytime. I'm pretty sure its from the raisens. How do I get it out?

      Happy Thanksgiving
    • jsducote
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2012
        According to my google, coffee filters are only good down to about 20 micron. Cartridge water filters abound in the 1-5 micron range and I saw one rated for 0.5 micron specifically for wine filtration on Amazon. I'm sure you can find it if you look and I bet it'll take care of your "plasma."
        -j