Re: Securing milk can lid

  • Butch Derickson
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012
      On one of your other questions.  There are water heater adapters available that you would weld a standard ferrule to the side of your boiler and clamp the heater adapter plate with a tri clamp. http://www.hillbillystills.com/distillery_equipment_parts_s/43.htm

      You can plug the heater into 110 or 220v.  Of course you get more heating rate with 220v.  There are controllers available to control the heat rate.
    • tgfoitwoods
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012
        Alli,

        Thanks for your kind words and congratulations, but I'm not leaving anything, and we both appear to be caught up in some kind confusion.

        I was responding to what appears to be a message from Jameson Beam, an old friend of me and the forum, who sometimes goes by the nickname Waldo. We've not seen a post from him for a couple of years anyway, and I was just very happy to see what seemed to be an answer from him for the milk-can lid question.

        Since I do not find Waldo's message in the new_distillers messages, but saw in my gmail account where I normally read the Yahoo lists, I'm not sure what happened. If it's really Waldo, I'm happy, but I'm a bit bewildered.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Alli Bugger <allibugger@...> wrote:

        > ZB,
        > It sounds like congatulations are in order, so Congrats.  I suely hope that your new life paths do not leave us completely out of your world.  You ahve been a true resource and one to admire.
        > Alli

      • James Gates
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 8, 2012
          It has a handle as part of the lid, I am going to contact Hillbilli Stills for advice about their products. Seems to me that I can just use a hole saw to make the hole for the fitting. The lid has two ss clamps that hold the lid on, do I still (pun intended) need a gasket for the lid? Thaks