Re: [new_distillers] bread dough? Re: new - help!

  • Blackhat-Whitedog
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
      what a lot of french cooks do to seal a dutch oven (really makes a juicy chicken or if you have a big enough one, a whole turkey) is to take bread dough (which Im thinking would work as well as flour paste)

      so a philsbury tube of french bread would be stretchy and elastic you wrap around a big pot (like I see a lot of folks use with those binder clamps all around to hold it down)
    • White Bear
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2012
        My uncle would use rye paste to "plug" his pot still cap.  and as I remember, it was only rye flour and water.  I would rather bake the french bread dough instead and eat the bread as I watch my still. :)
        WB

        smslc.org