Re: new - help!

  • Butch Derickson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
      The old fashioned way is to use cotton strips saturated with flour paste. Worked well for the old time moonshiners

      Sent from my iPad
    • Blackhat-Whitedog
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
        what a lot of french cooks do to seal a dutch oven (really makes a juicy chicken or if you have a big enough one, a whole turkey) is to take bread dough (which Im thinking would work as well as flour paste)

        so a philsbury tube of french bread would be stretchy and elastic you wrap around a big pot (like I see a lot of folks use with those binder clamps all around to hold it down)
      • White Bear
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2012
          My uncle would use rye paste to "plug" his pot still cap.  and as I remember, it was only rye flour and water.  I would rather bake the french bread dough instead and eat the bread as I watch my still. :)
          WB

          smslc.org