Re: [new_distillers] corn supplier

  • Nathan Koch
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2012

      Does tractor supply have feed with out preservatives? Does it matter?

      Nate

      On Oct 28, 2012 1:39 AM, "Blackhat-Whitedog" <blkhatwhtdog@...> wrote:

      downtown is a bird supply (mostly racing pidgeon hobbiests, plus you have your exotic bird fans, chicken raising is legal now, and of course lots of folks like to feed the song birds) and along with cracked corn they have 50lb bags of millet (which I hear makes a nice spicy addition to the usual grain bill, want to try it once I get the standards down) and buckwheat, but its a fairly large store with mostly pallets of 50 and 10lb bags of bird seed, a few cages and some hanging feeders for wild birds.

      way out the country road we have Tractor Supply which has corn, several mixes of horse sweet feed, rolled oats etc and buckets of molassas, I think they hare a little cheaper than Dells which I think is a local feed and farm supply chain (they took over most of the independent sellers)

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 28, 2012
        Your best corn is from a local grower, whole kernel. Sprout in a burlap or cheesecloth bag until six inches long. Spread out on screen cloth (hardware cloth or stainless) and dry with hickory or oak smoke. Grind. Make mash. Let work. Fire still. Enjoy.

        kekedog13 <kekedog13@...> wrote:

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "haybooner" <haybooner@...> wrote:

        > Wondering where you all get your corn? Comparison shopping ya know.

        You can get dry cracked pig feed corn at a farm implement type store for pretty cheap, unless you want the fresh or frozen type.