Re: [new_distillers] Re: Pot still cap

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 23 8:27 PM
      Use bran paste. Keep a ball in hand during run.

      johnjab01 <johnjab01@...> wrote:

      Thanks for the reply Virgil,

      I responed to this once, but Yahoo must have glitched...

      I have my cap about done. It looks like a chimney pipe cap/plug. sticking off the top of the still. It came out fairly well, I cut the top rolled edge & handle off & crimped the cut edge. I will use flour paste for a better seal around the cap during the run.

      I am still contemplating my vapor escape. I really want to come off the top of the cap(bottom of bucket)because of the nice flate surface. I want to put a copper 90 degree fitting coming out of it which will attach to the copper worm. Do you think a 3/4" fitting out the top would suffice?

      To answer your question. I plan on running the unit hard with vinegar & salt to clean out any impurities that may have accumulated over the years. I plan on leaving the copper as-is I dont want to polish off any history of the still, just add more!

      Thanks again..........John