Re: Turbo 500 Still

  • Ross
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 19, 2012
      I use the Turbo 500, I can honestly say its the most efficient still I have come across on the market.

      I rarely respond to messages on this forum, I'm more of an observer but I thought it would be important for me to let you know that making this purchase will be a great move in your hobby.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "allibugger" <allibugger@...> wrote:

      > I am in the market for new and more efficient equipment and really like the 8 gallon, 2", duel purpose tower from Mile High. However I am intrigued by the Turbo 500 Still - it has lots of interesting features. I would like to know if anyone has one of these and what they think of it. Thanks. Alli

    • Alli Bugger
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 22, 2012

        All,
        Thanks everyone for their input - it is very much appreciated.  Blackhat-Whitedog makes a lot of sense as the T500 seems almost to go to be true.  I called a distributor and asked if the heating element was replaceble and he said no.  That could be a problem if the element shorted out and the only fix is to buy a new still.  On the other hand there are folks who are using them and and love it.  In the year or so I have been distilling, I have tried to stay away from carbon filtering and the T500 runs counter to that philosophy - there is something about turning your mash black and then having to clean it up.  I am going to do a little more reaserch on wedsites recommended by responders to my quest and make a decision.  Thanks again all
        Alli