Re: distilling hopped beer

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 14, 2012
      Exactly, Wal.

      I've been thinking about this lately, and I suspect that people tend to like bier schnapps more when it's distilled from a less-than-strongly hopped beer, as in classic American and (slightly less so) German beers.

      It seems to be the heavily-hopped British IPA's and the American lupulin-crazed corruptions of IPA's that back drinkers off when distilled.