Re: [new_distillers] Distilling Record Sheet [2 Attachments]

  • Patrick Harris
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 220 KB
    I have been using an excel workbook to document my runs. It is a little rough around the edges but I am no excel wizard. It has some calculations built in and does use a macro for accurate timestamping. I use the timestamp to get a flow rate but there is an issue with the macro and that is one reason I have not shared the workbook before now. The macro is supposed to only work in those particular fields but if you select the whole worksheet or a row, it will timestamp whatever you have selected! I just make sure I don't do that anymore. ;-) Some of the calculations I have to tweak during use so they are using the correct range (like the total production time). I am sure someone better with excel could 'fix' these calculations but I still find this extremely useful. It is also an ever evolving project but I have attached the current version, warts and all. Feel free to use any or all of it.

    The workbook has three worksheets - one for the wash details, one for stripping runs and one for a spirit run. Adjusted ABV is based on a 60F calibrated alcoholometer.

    pat
  • John
    Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2012
      Hi White Bear

      Great sheets, thanks for them. Can adapt to suit for any distillation as I will do a fair quantity of Vodka.

      John