Brandy - Wine or Fruit

  • j
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7 11:25 AM
      Can you distill wine from either fruit or grape that has already been aged on oak?  Or will the oak aging process produce some off flavours once the wine is distilled?

      thanks!!
    • Derek Hamlet
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7 11:55 AM
        At 11:25 AM 9/7/2012, you wrote:

        >Can you distill wine from either fruit or grape that has already
        >been aged on oak? Or will the oak aging process produce some off
        >flavours once the wine is distilled?

        I've never distilled a fruit wine, but have distilled lots of wine
        that has been aged on oak. Good brandy. Yum

        Derek