Re: Fermentation speed for molasses - Paging Alex Castillo

  • Todd
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 26, 2012
      Here is a bit of a late reply, but I am currently fermenting 5 gallons with the 71B and 5 gallons with EC-1118. Honestly, the 71B smells a lot different, and not in a good way. The 1118 smells more normal to me. I will distill in 2 batches, and probably mix the 2 to some extent.

      On another note, I have 2 carboys of dunder that is roughly oh, 2 years old. During that time, some insect has gotten in and I have had some sort of larvae in there. I know this is a sick and odd question, but, can I still use the dunder?

      Thanks,
      T-