grappa?

  • rebeletoh
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2012
      Hi there,
      Sorry I've been silent for a while...was working on finishing up my degree. Anyway, i was wondering if any of y'all have experience making grappa? I'm working with an 8 gallon reflux (2"x36" column) that when packed with copper produces a 92-94% product pretty consistently and when "hindered", also works well enough as a pot. I have done sugar washes, single malts, sour mashes and most recently a 7.5 l batch of absinthe, just to see if i could. It looks like i might be running into some grape skins post pressing for wine production and i was thinking about trying my luck with grappa. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I plan on doing more research prior to running anything but i was figuring if i can't find any info, I'd just run it as a pot distillation. Thanks for any help you have to offer.