Re: reflux cooling system

  • roguerider01
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2012
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "w_upnorth" <w_upnorth@...> wrote:

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "roguerider01" <roguerider01@> wrote:
      > >
      > > hi all im new to this and im having troubles,
      > >
      > > i have a 50 ltr keg with a 2inch reflux system on it
      > > im having troubles keeping my condencer cool any suggestions
      > > the other thing is that im getting a really slow rate drip thats cloudy.
      > > my heat rate is at 78 to 83 degrees can up go any higher in temp, and is there any idea on how i can update my flow rate if possible ?
      > > is there any idea out there that can help me out plz thanks
      > >

      > What are you useing for a condencer? How do you regulate your reflux and draw off? what is the flow rate for the condencer?

      what im using is a 800 ltr a min little pump in 1 bucket. the water condencer is a copper round worm in bucket 2 that flows back to the first bucket the second bucket has ice in it and its costing me a fortune in ice is there any other way. my relfux comes with its own inbuilt 2 condencers i just hook up the hose to it
    • roguerider01
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2012
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "w_upnorth" <w_upnorth@...> wrote:

        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "roguerider01" <roguerider01@> wrote:
        > >
        > > hi all im new to this and im having troubles,
        > >
        > > i have a 50 ltr keg with a 2inch reflux system on it
        > > im having troubles keeping my condencer cool any suggestions
        > > the other thing is that im getting a really slow rate drip thats cloudy.
        > > my heat rate is at 78 to 83 degrees can up go any higher in temp, and is there any idea on how i can update my flow rate if possible ?
        > > is there any idea out there that can help me out plz thanks
        > >

        > What are you useing for a condencer? How do you regulate your reflux and draw off? what is the flow rate for the condencer?

        i have 2 built in condencers. i have an 800 ltr an hour pump in 1 bucket and in the second bucket i have a copper coil with ice in it pumping back into the first bucket. is there a cheaper way to do this ?